- Twilio requires A2P 10 DLC registration or you will pay fees and have messages filtered
- Starting Jan 30, 2023, PicPic Social will offer unlimited free SMS to USA & Canada
- You will have to purchase credits to send MMS.
- You can connect your own Twilio if you do not want to purchase credits
Twilio requires A2P 10 DLC registration or you will pay fees and have messages filtered
Twilio now requires all users to register their Twilio numbers to become A2P-10DLC compliant.
If you do not register for A2P-10DLC;
- Your text shares using Twilio will be “filtered” and not received by your event guests.
- Twilio will charge additional fees for text messages shares sent from unregistered Twilio numbers.
Twilio sent out notices to all users in September of these upcoming changes. You can find more information here
Unlimited Free SMS to USA & Canada for Market Leader and Agency plans
If you do not want to set up A2P 10DLC with Twilio, you can use PicPic Social as your SMS/MMS provider. We’ve registered our Twilio account for A2P 10DLC. We will manage all current and future Twilio requirements, so you do not have to.
The Market Leader and Agency plans will receive UNLIMITED FREE SMS to USA & Canada phone numbers. When using SMS, we will send a URL/microsite link to your guest.
This change will occur on January 30, 2023.
What if I want attach the image to the text message (MMS text message).
When you attach the image to the text, this is called an MMS. If you do not want to send a URL/microsite link using SMS, you can send an MMS text that will attach the image.
Sending a text message as an MMS (attached image) will be 2 credits. See below for more credits information.
Do I have to purchase virtual credits to use text messaging sharing?
No. You can add your Twilio account to the Market Leader and Agency plans. You can add your own Twilio account in the Settings > Company section. If you use your own Twilio, you MUST register your number for A2P 10 DLC.
Please register A2P-10DLC to avoid higher unregistered fees and possible filtering until your phone number(s) are associated with a campaign. PicPic Social cannot assist you with registering for A2P 10DLC. You will need to contact Twilio support!
What does that mean for me on the Starter plan or on Per Event?
The first 10 SMS shares are free when subscribed to the Starter plan. After 10, you must purchase virtual credits to continue processing text. You cannot connect your Twilio account when subscribed to the Starter plan.
Note: If you are on a grandfathered Starter plan, you can connect your Twilio account in the Settings > Company section.
I don't live in the USA or Canada. Do I get free SMS too?
No. You will have to purchase virtual credits to process SMS. See the below section for pricing.
How much are credits and do you offer bulk pricing?
- 1 credit per SMS (USA & Canada only)
- 2 credits per MMS (USA & Canada only)
- 4 credits per international SMS
Bulk Credits Pricing
- 500 credits for $15 ($0.030/credit)
- 5,000 credits for $135 ($0.027/credit)
- 12,500 credits for $319 ($0.025/credit)
- 25,000 credits for $600 ($0.024/credit)
- 50,000 credits for $1,125 ($0.022/credit)
- 100,000 credits for $2,100 ($0.021/credit)
Note: We do not offer MMS for international numbers.