Connectify Hotspot is a paid app that turns your workstation/photo booth computer into a hotspot that your sharing station devices can connect. Use Connectify in the following scenarios:
- You are using venue wifi but the sharing stations cannot find the server running on your workstation
- You are using venue wifi but the sharing stations keep disconnecting from the server running on your workstation
- You do not have a hotspot or any other wi-fi source
Note: We highly suggest that you use your own 5Ghz internet source at all of your events. Connectify should only be used as a backup and in emergency situations.
BEFORE YOUR START THIS GUIDE, DISABLE ANY FIREWALLS ON YOUR WORKSTATION!
- Buy Connectify Hotspot Max and install the software to your workstation PC.
- Make sure that your internet sharing mode is set to create a “Wi-Fi Hotspot”
- Choose the internet connection that you want to share to your devices or select automatic
- Choose a name for your hotspot (PRO/MAX users allows any name, free users must start with “Connectify”)
- Choose a password
- Modify Firewall Settings
- Enable Allow internet access
- Enable Allow local area access
- Click the “Start Hotspot” button
After you start the hotspot, use your sharing station to find the new hotspot you have created and connect to it. Now that Connectify is installed, you will be able to bypass most firewall related issues you were having.